Friday, January 31, 2014

Juuuuuuice

The next 3 days are nothing but juice juice juice.

You'll be happy to hear my mood has lifted.

It's tough for me - not the hunger, that's still there but much milder - but drinking veg juices with the spice/peppery aftertaste doesn't match my sweet tooth. It's been an enlightening though, beginning to understand the difference between real hunger and the habit of eating. Since the juices are palatable but not my favourite thing, I'm taking my time with them, filling up with water and waiting until I'm  actually hungry and not just bored or stressed before I drink them.

For someone who has taken pretty good care of herself over the last few years, it's a huge eye opener to find these little areas of habit and perhaps even addiction to a "quick fix".  I'm motivated to stick with it and reset not just my body but my emotions and attitude toward food.

I love a good breakthrough ... not matter how peppery they are :)

No comments:

Post a Comment